Boards & Committees
M.O.R.P.D. Advisory Board Of Directors
Term: 10/7/14 – 6/30/17, Seat #1
Appointed in 2014 by Supervisor Susan Peters, Nghia is dedicated to serving the Mission Oaks Recreation & Park District and its residents. She brings a wealth of experience and relationships that benefit MORPD. She is the communications director to state Senator Jim Nielsen, and a mother of two young children who are participants of MORPD programs.
* * * * *
Term: 9/27/16 – 6/30/20, Seat #2
Rick Morin moved to Carmichael in 2014. Rick grew up in Fair Oaks and attended local schools. An attorney by trade, Rick runs his own successful law practice in downtown Sacramento. Appointed to the Board of Directors in September 2016, Rick’s goal is to help ensure that Mission Oaks continues to deliver world-class recreation opportunities to families throughout the District. Rick and his wife, along with their young daughter, love their local Mission Oaks parks and support the District’s mission.
* * * * *
Bernard Donnelly, Clerk
Term: 4/7/15 – 6/30/17, Seat #3
Barney Donnelly, born and raised in Washington D.C., has lived in Mission Oaks since 1968. His wife, Loraine, served two terms on the board and he has served on numerous other boards and commissions in Sacramento County since retiring from state government in 1986. He was appointed to MORPD in April 2015, thus following his wife in helping to maintain the amenities which MORPD offers to his fellow residents.
* * * * *
Term: 9/27/16 – 6/30/20, Seat #4
Born in Southern California, Jana Saastad moved to the Sacramento region as a child. Jana has been a Mission Oaks resident since 2005, which is when she and her youngest son – a teenager at the time – took advantage of the many amenities offered at nearby Swanston Park, including the basketball courts, the vast green space for baseball toss and practicing golf swings. These days, Jana enjoys sharing Swanston Park and the numerous Mission Oaks sports programs with her five grandchildren. Appointed to the board in September, 2016, Jana is honored to represent those who reside in the District and hopes to build on the successes of past dedicated members.
* * * * *
Alex Jerry Ontiveros
Term: 7/28/15 – 6/30/19, Seat #5
Jerry Ontiveros was born in Dodge City, Kansas (the Cowboy Capital of the world), and is a Viet Nam Veteran. Jerry is now retired after working 30 years in the casino industry in jobs ranging from a card dealer to the manager of Harrah’s Casino. Jerry has been a resident of Mission Oaks since 2011 and began serving on the board in July 2015. Jerry is an active participant in MORPD programs, and he met his wife Joan at a Mission Oaks dance. Jerry is thankful for MORPD, the beautiful parks, the staff, and the friendly people.
To contact a member of the Advisory Board, please call (916) 488-2810.
* * * * *
- County of Sacramento Board of Supervisors (Ex-Officio Board of Directors)
- Phil Serna, District 1
- Patrick Kennedy, District 2
- Susan Peters, District 3
- Sue Frost, District 4
- Don Nottoli, District 5
- Advisory Board
- The Sacramento County Board of Supervisors act as ex-officio district directors and appoints the five member advisory board to oversee the affairs and operations of the district. The county’s District III Supervisor makes recommendations to fill vacancies on the advisory board, which are submitted to the full board for approval.
- Next Board Meeting
- The public is invited to attend the Advisory Board meetings, which are normally held the second Tuesday of each month at 6pm at the Mission Oaks Community Center, 4701 Gibbons Drive, in Carmichael. The next Regular Meeting is scheduled for Tuesday, June 13, 2017 at 6pm.
- Please call the District Office at (916) 488-2810 or email email@example.com for additional information. Board meeting agendas are posted 72 hours prior to the meeting at the District Office, Swanston Community Center, Mission Oaks Community Center and on this website. If you would like to receive the Advisory Board Meeting Agenda via email, please send your request to firstname.lastname@example.org and type Advisory Board Meeting Agenda in the subject line. All requested agenda’s are sent between 24-72 hours prior to the scheduled meeting.
- A Recreation Committee Meeting will be held at Mission Oaks Community Center, 4701 Gibbons Drive, in Carmichael on May 23 at 4pm. Recreation Committee Meeting Agenda May 23 2017
Upcoming Board Meeting Dates for 2017
- June 13, 2017
- July 11, 2017
- August 8, 2017
- September 12, 2017
- October 10, 2017
- November 14, 2017
- December 12, 2017
Past Advisory Board Meeting Minutes
Citizens Oversight Committee
The purpose of the Citizens Oversight Committee is to ensure that the Recreation & Park District meets the objectives of its voter-approved Assessment District. The committee’s duties are to review the annual budget to ensure the Assessment District proceeds are expended for only purposes as set forth in the Assessment District ballot measure and to make recommendations to the Advisory Board on matters pertinent to acquisitions, improvements and maintenance services funded by the Assessment. Additionally, the Committee will present the Advisory Board with an annual written report stating whether the proposed annual Assessment District expenditures are in compliance with the Preliminary Budget/Engineer’s Report and final approved budget document for that fiscal year. The statement shall include a summary of the prior fiscal year Assessment District expenditures, highlighting completed projects. Below is the annual report for fiscal year 2011-12 and related appendixes.