- Elementary and Middle School Sports
- Independent Contractors
- TEAM LEADER with the BRIDGES After School Program
- Facility Monitor-Swanston Community Center
Elementary and Middle School Sports
Paid coaches and officials positions are available for after school sports. Fall sports are volleyball and football, winter sports are boys and girls basketball, and spring sports are middle school and elementary school track. For more information on positions please call 488-7276 ext. 3005 or 3006.
Mission Oaks Community Center and Swanston Community Center: Do you have a new and exciting class to offer? We are looking for energetic independent contractor instructors. Please send a completed class proposal form to TMcAdam@morpd.com (MOCC) or email@example.com (SCC).
Download our Contract Instructor Handbook for more info.
TEAM LEADER with the BRIDGES After School Program
Mission Oaks Recreation and Park District is looking for college students or those interested in careers in education to work in the Bridges After-School Program with elementary and middle school students in the San Juan Unified School District.
We are looking for people who can plan and lead recreation games, assist students with homework, and facilitate enrichment activities. Please do not apply for this position if you are looking for a short-term, temporary position. Building positive relationships with students is critical to the success of our programs and we prefer candidates who are committed. Work schedules are Monday-Friday and hours vary depending on the school sites, but are approximately 2:00-6:15 MTWF and 12:30-6:15 on Thursdays. You can read the qualifications and description for this position below.
Basic academic competency must be demonstrated by providing one of the following: Proof of a passing score on the San Juan Unified School District’s proficiency exam, transcripts demonstrating completion of two years of college (48 semester units/60 quarter units), an AA/AS degree (or higher), or proof of a passing score on the California Basic Educational Skills Test (CBEST).
The position requires passing of a criminal background check.
Education and Experience (Recreation Leader I):
Requires a high school diploma or equivalent; any combination of training, education, and experience which demonstrates the ability to assist in the planning and facilitation of activities in an after school program; Ability to work after school hours and attend occasional evening or weekend meetings/trainings; CPR/First Aid certification desirable.
Recreation Leader I Description:
Under general supervision assists in providing academic support to both large and small groups of elementary, middle and/or high school students. Facilitates assigned enrichment and recreation activities to students and performs miscellaneous related duties. Applicants should have the:
- Desire to work with children
- Ability to lead groups of children in homework assistance, enrichment, and recreation activities
- Ability to facilitate age appropriate and safe group activities
- Maintain professional boundaries with students and staff
- Ability to communicate effectively, take directions, and follow through
- Desire to work collaboratively on a team
- Competency in basic academic skills such as reading, math, spelling, language arts and writing.
Please submit your application AND resume (applications for employment may be found above) to:
Supervisor of Recreation
3344 Mission Ave.
Carmichael, CA 95608
(916) 488-7276 ext. 3017
Under direct supervision of the Facility Supervisor, exude superb customer service skills while performing a variety of general program, facility, and office support duties, general custodial and maintenance functions, and other job related work as required.
- Responsible for class and rental preparation including the set-up and breakdown/cleaning of rooms, as well as opening and closing of facility.
- Explain and ensure proper use and maintenance of district facilities and equipment.
- Perform basic custodial duties including, but not limited to: spot mopping, emptying trash, dusting, and sweeping.
- Assist with customer service support including answering phones, assisting customers with registration, and providing program information. Monitors are expected to have knowledge of all district programs, and be given adequate time to learn.
- Attend scheduled mandatory staff meetings.
- Ability to work weekends, evenings, and early morning shifts.
- Duties are assigned during training, and monitor is expected to uphold District Policies and Procedures.
Submit Application To:
Swanston Community Center
2350 Northrop Ave.,
Sacramento, CA 95825
(916)333-6464 ext. 3101